Reham Al-Farra (RAF) Memorial Journalists Fellowship Programme
Introduction: The Programme was mandated in December 1980 by UN General Assembly Resolution 35/201 (paragraph III-9) and renamed in September 2003 “Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalists Fellowship Programme” to honour Ms. Reham Al-Farra, a young UN staff member killed in the bombing of the UN Headquarters in Baghdad. The Programme is sponsored annually since 1981 by the United Nations Department of Public Information as a fellowship Programme for junior and mid-level broadcasters and journalists from developing countries and countries with economies in transition. As of 2014, 536 journalists and broadcasters from 166 countries have taken part in the Programme.
The Programme provides journalists with an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the work of the United Nations. It is also an opportunity to meet journalists from other countries and exchange ideas with UN communication professionals.
- Economy single round trip airline ticket from your country to New York.
- A daily subsistence allowance (DSA) to cover your accommodation, meals, local transportation and other expenses. The current daily rate for New York is US$ 378.00.
- Upon completion of the Programme requirements and assignments, participants will receive a certificate of participation.
- Age between 22 and 35.
- Currently employed by a recognized media organization. Freelancers, translators and UN employees or immediate family members of UN employees are not eligible.
- Oral and written fluency in English. Applicants from Non-English speaking countries will be interviewed on the phone.
- Several years of professional journalism experience and proven interest in the work of the United Nations.
Do you need scholarship help or advice? Leave a comment, we can help you. For current scholarship positions, subscribe to our newsletter.
You can also join scholarship discussion using the facebook or comment pane below. Sign up free for newsletter on scholarship information for constant scholarship update. You can also singup to become a member of scholarship-group.com for free, to enjoy other services of scholarship-group.com.
One thing we believe in scholarship-group.com is helping people free of charge. We can have one on one consultation with you for free, if you contact us.
If you’d like to thank us, please tell your friends about us and consider connecting with us here.
Likewise, If you’d like to support us monetarily for dissemination of scholarship information to the needy, please use the paypal account button/icon by your left or extreme base.
You can also get more scholarship that matches your course of study by typing Keywords into the search panel (extreme top right or the extreme page end). Clicking the search icon will take you to a page with list of scholarship that matches your interest. Follow the links and apply.
Best of Luck!http://scholarship-group.com/blog/reham-al-farra-raf-memorial-journalists-fellowship-programme/Art ScholarshipsArt ScholarshipsIntroduction: The Programme was mandated in December 1980 by UN General Assembly Resolution 35/201 (paragraph III-9) and renamed in September 2003 “Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalists Fellowship Programme” to honour Ms. Reham Al-Farra, a young UN staff member killed in the bombing of the UN Headquarters in Baghdad. The Programme is sponsored...ScholarshipgroupOladayo Folasireediblepiece@outlook.comAdministratorScholarship-Group