OHCHR Minorities Fellowship Programme
Introduction: The Minorities Fellowship Programme (MFP) was launched by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) in 2005.
Through the MFP, the OHCHR aims to give persons belonging to national or ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities an opportunity to gain knowledge on the UN system and mechanisms dealing with international human rights in general and minority rights in particular. The MFP is intended to assist organizations and communities in protecting and promoting the rights of minorities the fellows belong to.
- full scholarship
- The candidate must belong to a national, ethnic, linguistic or religious minority group (persons who do not belong to a minority group will not be taken into consideration, even if they have close links with minority communities and/or organizations)
- Formal education should not be a limitation to participation in the Minorities Fellowship Programme, if relevant experience can be demonstrated.
- Candidates should have ability, willingness and possibility to train other persons belonging to minorities upon return to their respective communities/organizations and should agree to do so.
- The candidates must have a good working knowledge of the language in which the programme is imparted (English).
- The candidate should be proposed and his/her candidacy supported by his/her organization and/or community. It is desirable that the sponsoring organization has a firm constituency or membership, is representative, undertakes work on minority issues and is composed of persons belonging to minorities.
- The overall goal of the Minorities Fellowship Programme is to offer persons belonging to minorities the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in the field of international human rights in order to assist their organizations and communities in protecting and promoting human and minority rights. Therefore, it is important that the candidate proposed and nominated by a minority organization or community be someone who will return to his or her NGO to work in this field.
For more scholarship-positions, use the search panel above the page. Do you need scholarship help or advice? Leave a comment, we can help you. For current scholarship positions, subscribe to our newsletter.
You can also join scholarship discussion using the facebook or comment pane below. Sign up free for newsletter on scholarship information for constant scholarship update. You can also singup to become a member of scholarship-group.com for free, to enjoy other services of scholarship-group.com.
One thing we believe in scholarship-group.com is helping people free of charge. We can have one on one consultation with you for free, if you contact us.
If you’d like to thank us, please tell your friends about us and consider connecting with us here.
Likewise, If you’d like to support us monetarily for dissemination of scholarship information to the needy, please use the paypal account button/icon by your left or extreme base.
You can also get more scholarship that matches your course of study by typing Keywords into the search panel (extreme top right or the extreme page end). Clicking the search icon will take you to a page with list of scholarship that matches your interest. Follow the links and apply.
Best of Luck!http://scholarship-group.com/blog/ohchr-minorities-fellowship-programme/All Specialisation ScholarshipsAll Area of specialty ScholarshipsIntroduction: The Minorities Fellowship Programme (MFP) was launched by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) in 2005. Through the MFP, the OHCHR aims to give persons belonging to national or ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities an opportunity to gain knowledge on the UN system and mechanisms dealing...ScholarshipgroupOladayo Folasireediblepiece@outlook.comAdministratorScholarship-Group