Netherlands Fellowship Programmes
Introduction: The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) promote capacity building within organisations in 51 countries by providing fellowships for training and education for professionals. The NFP is initiated and fully funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the budget for development cooperation.
The NFP has three sub programmes for individual fellowships:
- Short courses
- Master’s degree programmes
- PhD studies
An NFP fellowship is intended to supplement the salary that the fellow should continue to receive during the study period. The allowance is a contribution towards the costs of living, the costs of tuition fees, visas, travel, insurance and thesis research. If applicable, the fellowship holder is expected to cover the difference between the actual costs and the amount of the personal NFP allowances.
To be eligible you:
- must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the NFP country list;
- must have an employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
- must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example:
- multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
- large national and/or a large commercial organisations,
- bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
- multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
- international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- must have an official and valid passport;
- must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable).
Do you need scholarship help or advice? Leave a comment, we can help you. For current scholarship positions, subscribe to our newsletter.
You can also join scholarship discussion using the facebook or comment pane below. Sign up free for newsletter on scholarship information for constant scholarship update. You can also singup to become a member of scholarship-group.com for free, to enjoy other services of scholarship-group.com.
One thing we believe in scholarship-group.com is helping people free of charge. We can have one on one consultation with you for free, if you contact us.
If you’d like to thank us, please tell your friends about us and consider connecting with us here.
Likewise, If you’d like to support us monetarily for dissemination of scholarship information to the needy, please use the paypal account button/icon by your left or extreme base.
You can also get more scholarship that matches your course of study by typing Keywords into the search panel (extreme top right or the extreme page end). Clicking the search icon will take you to a page with list of scholarship that matches your interest. Follow the links and apply.
Best of Luck!http://scholarship-group.com/blog/netherlands-fellowship-programmes/All Specialisation ScholarshipsAll Area of specialty ScholarshipsIntroduction: The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) promote capacity building within organisations in 51 countries by providing fellowships for training and education for professionals. The NFP is initiated and fully funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the budget for development cooperation. The NFP has three sub programmes for...ScholarshipgroupOladayo Folasireediblepiece@outlook.comAdministratorScholarship-Group